19 Mar E69 | Starting A Successful Yoga & Pilates Studio with Megan Brown
On Episode 69 I sit down to talk PT & world renown pilates instructor Dr. Megan Brown about starting a successful yoga & pilates studio.
If you aren’t familiar with Dr. Megan Brown here is a little bit about her. Megan discovered Pilates after finding herself in an advanced class by accident. She was awed by the method and surprised that she needed to mentally connect with her body and control her muscles in a way she’d never experienced in her typical weight lifting, running and spinning practices. To enhance her skills set as PT, Megan pursued her Pilates certification through Polestar, an organization founded by a PT. Since getting certified in pilates Megan has opened a very successful yoga, pilates and barre studio in Washington DC called Mind The Mat.
On this episode, we talk about the following topics:
- The importance of having employees
- Developing buy-in with freelance employees
- Referring patients to other practitioners
- Transitioning from being a full-time practitioner to a business owner
- Using pilates, yoga & barre to treat patients